For Extremely Vulnerable people requiring home deliveries of food.
Two actions you may consider taking:
- Registration on the Gov.uk website https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable – you will require the persons NHS number:
|Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person – GOV.UK You’ll be able to register for a new service if you or someone you care for is extremely vulnerable to coronavirus and needs support. For example, with getting essential supplies. The service … www.gov.uk|
2. Sainsburys are prioritizing deliveries for vulnerable groups if you are already registered with them – you can as of last night enter in details of the person who requires the deliveries for them to check against – see https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/delivery-prioritisation
How to be identified as vulnerable
The supermarkets have already been able to identify some of their elderly or vulnerable customers through the information that they have about them. But they know that we haven’t identified everyone.
They are now working with the government to identify those who are most in need.
If you live in England and you’re extremely vulnerable
You can get access to priority home delivery slots by registering on GOV.UK as extremely vulnerable to coronavirus.
- You can register for yourself or someone else
- The government will be sharing those who have registered with the supermarkets soon
- The supermarkets should be in touch to let you know when you’ve been added and can book home delivery slots
If you live in England and you’re extremely vulnerable, you can get access to priority home delivery by visiting GOV.UK and searching Coronavirus extremely vulnerable.
If you live in England and you are over 70 years of age
You can get access to priority home delivery slots by calling on 0800 953 4988