During the Covid-19 outbreak and subsequent lockdown BERT has not been able to run any ditch clearing work parties. However, the dry weather, lack of cutting and rain has now meant the ditches have become overgrown and will pose a risk to flooding over the winter months. As a result, during October BERT will coordinate a series of rolling working parties with the aim to address this.
The following changes have been made after risk assessment
- Small groups of no more than 6 should clear each section. If possible, this should be made up of members of the same household, social or support network (bubble).
- Each person should wear their own gloves
- If possible their own tools should be used, if this is not possible tools should not be shared unless sanitised before and after use.
- A 2m distance should be maintained at all times, unless they are members of the same household. If this is not possible, a protective face covering should be used or a household member should be used to assist.
- No group or shared refreshments will be provided.
- Any reflective tabards should be washed then isolated in the box for 72 hours.
- At the beginning and end of each session, all equipment should be sanitised
- In addition, BERT H&S guidelines should be followed as usual.
BERT HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
All volunteers must not attend working parties if they
- Have been told to isolate or a household member has been told to isolate
- If you or a household member have symptoms of covid-19. A persistent high temperature, continuous cough, and or loss of taste and smell.
- If you have been contacted by the NHS track and trace system and advised you have been in contact with someone testing positive for covid-19